[amsat-bb] RadFxSat Launch Vehicle Assembly

Jerry Buxton n0jy at amsat.org
Wed Jul 13 16:59:09 UTC 2016

On 7/13/2016 10:42, Peter Laws wrote:
> AKA Fox-1B?

Yes.  However, that is really an AMSAT internal designation we use since
it is part of the Fox-1 bus series, we use the suffix to designate what
we are building in regard to assembly.

RadFxSat is the official/only name in the ELaNa XIV mission.  Kinda like
Fox-1A was known only as Fox-1 in the ELaNa XII mission.

Vanderbilt University ISDE submitted the CSLI for RadFxSat and
RadFxSat-2 (in cooperation with us) for their experiments.

Officially (per launch manifests) vs. Internally:
Fox-1 | (Fox-1A)
Fox-1C | (Fox-1Cliff, it was named Cliff after the launch was secured)
Fox-1D | (Fox-1D)
RadFxSat | (Fox-1B)
RadFxSat-2 | (Fox-1E)

Jerry Buxton, NØJY