[amsat-bb] AO-85

Jerry Buxton n0jy at amsat.org
Wed Jul 13 16:33:25 UTC 2016

Steve,

I have a similar problem, I used HDSDR for a couple of years in the
development/testing of the Foxes and then "one day" a few months ago,
FoxTelem just quit decoding what came from HDSDR.  I never found a
reason, after tweaking everything I know of to tweak.  Same symptoms as
yours, looks right but doesn't decode.

I had also used SDR# in some of the testing so I switched back to it and
it has been working fine.  I still try HDSDR now and then and it still
doesn't work.
This was all on the same PC running Windows 10, so HDSDR worked and then
just didn't.  I don't know if it was a Windows update or what.
Anyway you might want to try another SDR application, to see if you can
get back on track.

Come to think of it I just built a new PC so maybe I'll try HDSDR on it
now, and see if it works or not.  We're testing RadFxSat so maybe I can
let it run while I'm in the Fox Labs doing the testing and see if it
captures any of the test data.  I will (try to remember to!) let you
know if it does work on the new PC.  FWIW, I'm not recommending a new PC
just to make it work!     :-D

Jerry Buxton, NØJY