[amsat-bb] Moon Day at Frontiers of Flight, Dallas July 16

Tom Schuessler tjschuessler at verizon.net
Mon Jul 11 14:23:52 UTC 2016

Still looking for AMSAT interested folks to volunteer to help with satellite
demos to lots of prospective hams at the large STEM event in Dallas, TX this
weekend called "Moon Day" held at the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Love
Field.  We will be using special event call sign K5M for all contacts so if
you hear us, please try to work us.  Last year 1500 people attended
including many Boy and Girl Scouts, families and space buffs.  AMSAT fits in
perfectly here.  I am loaning the Fox 1B engineering model and my HT/Elk to
the Museum event coordinator to hopefully have him use as part of pre-show
TV interview show and tell.  Contact me at tjschuessler at verizon.net to learn
more.

Also catch the downlink of the ARISS contact which should start at about
1554Z on Saturday the 16th which will be a telebridge from Santa Rosa, CA.

For demonstration purposes, I am also looking for some good SDR recordings
that I could play back on a laptop during down times.  I have some but would
like some more.  Send me Dropbox links as the files are large I know.  I
will most certainly use them.

Looking forward to a fun event.  Please, if you can, make the trip to Dallas
and help out.

Tom Schuessler
n5hyp at arrl.net