[amsat-bb] FCC License Question

Dave Mann cwo4mann at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 14:47:39 UTC 2016

I renewed mine via the ARRL Program at no cost.  I received a confirmation letter and an e-mail in a couple of weeks.  I went to the FCC Web site and confirmed my new expiry date and then printed a paper copy of the license from that site.  I also received several "official looking" letters from independent VEC entities urging me to renew using their services for a fee.  I ignored and shredded those.   Those independent operations scan the FCC Database and send advertisements for their services.  We've come a long way since I received my first license in 1955!

HTH, YMMV,
73
Dave

Sent from my iPad