[amsat-bb] AMSAT at Moon Day in Dallas July 16th, volunteers needed.

Tom Schuessler tjschuessler at verizon.net
Sat Jul 2 02:37:43 UTC 2016

Saturday July 16th is this year’s date for “Moon Day” at the Frontiers of
Flight Museum at Love Field in Dallas, Texas.  See
http://www.flightmuseum.com/moon-day-2016/ for more information.  Last year
saw over 1500 people attend this, the largest space themed STEM event in
Texas.  Moon Day 2016’s highlight will be a scheduled telebridge ARISS
contact during the later part of the morning.  AMSAT volunteers will be on
hand along with the Dallas Amateur Radio club to  show off some fun aspects
of our hobby.  Girl Scouts can work toward a STEM patch by visiting many of
the exhibitors and filling out a worksheet on each.  AMSAT’s setup is part
of that STEM project again this year.  We will have the Fox 1 Cubesat model
on hand to help show the many young visitors the exciting world of small
satellites that they can hold in their hand and communicate through.
Hopefully we can get some good satellite contacts and HF contacts throughout
the day with our 1X1 special event callsign, K5M.

Volunteers are needed to help man the display tables inside the museum and
also a satellite/HF demonstration area outside, (Shade will be provided).
Please contact Tom Schuessler, N5HYP for more information on how you can
help with this wonderful opportunity to promote Amateur Radio and what we do
via AMSAT and ARISS to the general public.

Tom Schuessler
N5hyp at arrl.net