[amsat-bb] Audio recording of New Mexico Military Institute ISS contact as heard from Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
johnbrier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 23:23:24 UTC 2015
The seven degree pass came in pretty good here in Raleigh, FM05.
Eventually I'll make a video of this reception.
These are the relevant questions:
6. Being at a military school right now, I'm very far from home; I
miss my parents
and my own bed. What are some things that you miss when you are away
from home, or
what do you wish would be put into the ISS to make you less home sick?
7. In the case of an emergency, how is the evacuation process executed?
* I think this one wasn't asked and the next one was asked instead
8. If an astronaut experiences an open flesh wound or medical
emergency in space,
then how are these injuries treated?
9. Since the Curiosity Rover has gone to Mars and the next step would
be to colonize
Mars, how do you think the travel through space would affect the astronauts both
physically and mentally?
10. Is it possible to create artificial gravity in space? If it can be
made, then why
isn't it used on the ISS?
11. Has NASA come up with any solution to the negative effects of long
flight on astronauts.
12. Why did NASA transition from astronauts being former pilots to a much more
13. Are you able to see a difference in the color or in the currents
of the Pacific
Ocean due to the changes in water temperature caused by such things as El Nino?
14. What is the coolest thing you've ever seen up there?
* This question wasn't responded to
More information about the AMSAT-BB