[amsat-bb] FoxTelem and Java

David Rush david at rushtone.com
Fri Oct 9 01:50:45 UTC 2015

I've got two Win7 (64 bit) computers here that already had Java 8
installed, but on both when I tried to run FoxTelem.exe it said that I
didn't have Java and offered a link where I could download it.

However, double-clicking on FoxTelem.jar seems to work just fine.

Just thought I'd share that in case someone else runs into it.

Just went out to the driveway (EM72) to listen to Fox-1A fly over on a
hand-pointed Arrow antenna.  Great to hear it on-orbit.  Didn't find any
decoded telemetry on the "inside" computer (using an omni) when I came
back in.

73, David, ky7dr