[amsat-bb] Minimum 10m equipment for NO-84?

Koos van den Hout koos at kzdoos.xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 26 09:52:45 UTC 2015

Quoting Daniel Estévez who wrote on Thu 2015-11-26 at 09:44:

> > But all the data modes interest me, and perhaps others.  If someone would be kind enough to list what hardware might be required for the transmit side of NO-84's PSK-31 capability, it sure would be appreciated.  (low-cost options preferred!)
>
> One thing that you might want to consider is getting a 10m-only
> transceiver. There are several inexpensive ones from Chinese
> manufacturers, such as the Anytone AT-5555. These will cost around
> 100$-150$ and put out up to 20W or so.

I don't know how easy it is to input audio from PSK31 software into such a
radio. Holding the mic up to your speaker may be a good start.

And to find a cheap 10 meter vertical: have a look at CB antennas. Most
will cover 28 MHz.

I did the experiment with transmitting to NO-84 using a dipole in the attic
and found I needed 20 watts on HF, see
http://idefix.net/~koos/newsitem.cgi/1433017519

                                                Koos van den Hout PD4KH

--
Koos van den Hout                   PGP keyid 0xF0D7C263 via keyservers

                                      Weather maps from free sources at
http://idefix.net/                           http://weather.idefix.net/