[amsat-bb] SAT work with FLEX radio

Alan wa4sca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 01:23:34 UTC 2015

Jeff,

You are thinking of the Flex VU5K.  Basically the 5000 with 2 meters and 70 cms integral. A very nice
rig, though there are a few loose ends and some features such as a digital FM mode were never
delivered.  The hardware is very flexible, and you can add external equipment such as mode-L and
mode-S without the interfacing issues common with other rigs. They come up for sale around $2500, and
are in my opinion well worth having.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA