[amsat-bb] Planetary Society light sail project

Bob- W7LRD w7lrd at comcast.net
Sun May 3 03:52:51 UTC 2015

Hello-Does anyone know of any collaboration between AMSAT and The Planetary Society's efforts with their light sail project? Scheduled for launch this May, sponsored by NASA's ELaNa program. They (Planetary Society) mention there are only two monitoring stations one in at Cal Poly and the other at Georgia Tech. whereas we (AMSAT) have potential world wide monitoring capability. This light sail effort is the first of two. Could a light sail be in our future? More information about all this can be googled.
73 Bob W7LRD
Seattle