[amsat-bb] Starter antenna question

Andrew Glasbrenner glasbrenner at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 31 13:17:56 UTC 2015

Omnis will almost certainly be a disappointment without preamps at the antenna, especially on UHF. A much more usable solution is a couple of short yagis ( 3 elements on 2m, 5-7 on UHF) tilted up 15 degrees and pointed in azimuth only with a TV rotor. You could also use an Arrow or Elk or WA5VJB cheap yagis the same way. You may still want the preamps.

73. Drew KO4MA

Sent from my iPhone