[amsat-bb] Starter antenna question

Jacob Tennant jakewf8s at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 03:14:30 UTC 2015

I am exploring the purchase of my first satellite operations antennas. I
live in a very small lot and the area for antennas is very small.

I am just starting to try to operate the FM satellites so as to learn the
ropes before trying anything bigger as a wise man once guided me (Thank you
Don).

I have seen many favorable reviews of the Antennas.US UC-4364-328 UHF QFH
antenna. Not having ever used one of these type of antennas (QFH & Circular
polarized) I was hoping for some advise from others in the satellite
community.

I was looking at getting this antenna set for Right-Hand circular
polarization and the higher-power capability.

I know and understand that this is a compromise antenna and as time goes by
( and I buy my own house & property) I will expand out to bigger & better
things.

For the 2 meter uplink I was hoping for suggestions such as I had read that
for these FM satellites a basic 2 meter antenna (1/4 wave or 5/8 wave
antenna will do the job?

If by now you haven't figured out my theory of ham radio, Keep It Simple
Stupid KISS.

Jacob Tennant WF8S