[amsat-bb] Richmond Frost Fest 2015

Rich/wa4bue richard.siff at verizon.net
Sat Jan 31 11:32:45 UTC 2015

Thank you Tom,

We are mentoring in 2 class rooms of the Chesapeake Public Schools.  Our
goal is to interest youth in a degree and career in electronics and wireless
communications.

We do have a hand held SATCOM rig at W4GBH Great Bridge HS.

Our portable all mode SATCOM station goes everywhere.

We are going to receive a grant from ARRL to replace the radio at W4GBH and
another radio has been donated to be used at W4FOS the VO TECH Center.

Both schools will be operating School Club Roundup this year.

John W4RMY has a prototype approval to formerly introduce students to
amateur radio (using the ARRL TECH LICENSE Manual as a text) as a first step
of a degree and a career in the electronics and wireless communications
industry.

Members of Chapter 54 of the Society of Broadcast Engineers will make
presentations at both schools and may even bring in a remote SAT truck.

K4AMG is a non profit 501c3 Public Charity.