[amsat-bb] WD9EWK @ DM23vx/DM24va on Saturday (31 January)

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Thu Jan 29 02:39:29 UTC 2015

Hi!

I will make a day-trip out to the DM23vx/DM24va grid boundary in La
Paz County, Arizona, on Saturday, 31 January 2014.  The spot I will
use is a place I have visited several times in the past few years,
at 34.0 N 114.21533 W - along a road north of the AZ-72/AZ-95
junction southeast of Parker, and north of Quartzsite.  The weather
forecast appears to have the rain clearing out by Saturday morning,
and I'm hoping to be out there starting with the SO-50 pass around
1545-1554 UTC.  I plan on being out there until sunset, or possibly
through the SO-50 pass around 0158-0212 UTC just after sunset.
While I am out there, I will work whatever satellites are passing by,
including the NO-44 passes Saturday afternoon.  I may also work
the ISS passes around 0252-0301 and 0428-0437 UTC from
wherever I happen to be, on my drive home.  I *might* try to linger
out in that area long enough to work the 0252 UTC ISS pass, but
won't guarantee that at this time.

I will use my @WD9EWK Twitter feed to post updates while I am
out there.  Use http://twitter.com/WD9EWK if you want to see
those updates, but don't use Twitter. APRS also covers well in that
part of western Arizona, and I will use WD9EWK-9 as my APRS
call sign.  You should be able to see my location using a browser
at http://aprs.fi/WD9EWK-9 during my drive to and from that grid
boundary, and at times during the day out there (including the
NO-44 passes, if my packets are retransmitted by the satellite).

After the road trip, I will upload my log to Logbook of the World.  If
you would like a QSL card to confirm QSOs with WD9EWK, please
e-mail me with the QSO details.  If you are in my log, I will be happy
to send QSL cards.  No need to send me your QSL card or SASE
first.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/