[amsat-bb] ISS contact protocol

Sean K. kx9x at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 01:24:13 UTC 2015

I would contend that there needs to be an exchange of data (sig report?) and an acknowledgement that signal reports were received by both stations.

KX9X: CQ KX9X FN31
W1XYZ: KX9X de W1XYZ
KX9X: W1XYZ 599 FN31W1XYZ: R TU 599 FN67KX9X: R 73

Meteor scatter ops and EME'ers have a protocol for what constitutes a QSO, especially with WSJT. So there's precendent from other communities.

These elements are needed for other satellite QSOs to count, as well.

My two cents. Your mileage may vary. Sean Kutzko
Amateur Radio KX9X