[amsat-bb] ISS contact protocol

Ted k7trkradio at charter.net
Wed Jan 28 22:24:31 UTC 2015

I guess I'm a little fuzzy about what constitutes a valid contact when using
the packet route. I have UISS up and running properly and can get into the
ISS repeater and back out ok.

So, last night there was a good pass for me and I throw out my CQ. The
repeater heard me and came back in red. Couple of tries later I see, in red
"K7TRK N6YG, 599 in Carmichael". I try to respond several times with my
return message but never see me come back in red.

So, is this just a partial contact as I did not see a red message from me to
N6YG ?  (I suspect it is)

Second question:  Can ISS contacts via packet be logged in LOTW as SAT
contacts?

Thank you,

Ted

K7TRK