[amsat-bb] 2m or 70cm masthead preamp first?

Dominic Hawken dominic at del.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 08:59:33 UTC 2015

Thanks all for your great and detailed responses - many direct to me and all much appreciated. Of all the criteria I had’t considered the increased loss of the coax at the higher frequencies which should have been obvious, and I think FO-29 and SO-50 would most benefit from the amp initially. I’m going to go for UHF to start with and keep saving for VHF later.

Thanks again,

Dominic G6NQO