[amsat-bb] Testing SatPC32

Jake Tennant wf8s at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 02:30:11 UTC 2015

As I am new to satellite operations I am testing out SatPC32 for radio
control/tuning.

I am running SatPC32 in the DEMO mode currently and cannot get the radio
CAT control to function at all.

I have a Yaesu FT-857D connected to my computer via a RT Systems USB-62
cable that functions properly with FTBasicMMO software as well as on my
Mac computer where I am also testing MacDoppler.

Does the CAT radio control only operate when there is a viable
satellite? or should it adjust the radio all of the time.