[amsat-bb] Circuit BOARDS

Joseph Armbruster josepharmbruster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:26:04 UTC 2015

Rich,

Look up the toner transfer method.  I've made 4 boards at home using
this method so-far.  Not including design time, once you have the
process down, you should be able to fab a one or two sided board at
home in about two hours.  If I can do it.... anyone can!

You need
- copper clad laminate
- something to cut the board
- something to file the edges of the board with
- a clothing iron

What you do
- design your circuit
- print your circuit
- transfer printed toner to copper clad laminate
- etch using hcl and peroxide
- chemical tin plating
- optional dye to make your board look way cool

The nice thing about this method is, the materials are dirt cheap!
Medical grade peroxide and muriatic pool acid are sufficient for the
etching.  All in all, you just have to be wiling to learn the best
possible process using the tools you have available.

If you have any questions, I can let you know what I have experienced so-far.

Joseph Armbruster