[amsat-bb] Handheld for LEO satellites?

Steve Kristoff skristof at etczone.com
Wed Jan 21 17:06:23 UTC 2015

Thanks to all for the info on the handhelds. I appreciate your quick
research on the subject, it looks like SO-50 is the only operational FM
repeater satellite? Is that correct and,if so, is a dual-band FM handheld
still a reasonable option for getting started?
Looks like the upcoming FOX satellites are going to be FM repeaters, so
maybe it's still worth it? Again, as a newbie, I appreciate your thoughts.

Steve AI9IN
skristof at etczone.com