[amsat-bb] REMINDER Containerized Satellite Survey

Bungo Shiotani bshiota at ufl.edu
Tue Jan 20 22:42:12 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

I would like to remind you to participate in the survey regarding containerized satellites as part of my PhD research.

Thanks to those who have provided inputs to the survey, I greatly appreciate your help!

Additionally, please forward this survey to any colleagues that you may know. Also, please make sure to proceed to the very end of the survey! Again, thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Bungo Shiotani

Bungo Shiotani, KK4LXH

Graduate Researcher
Space Systems Group
University of Florida
(352) 846 3020
bshiota at ufl.edu

Dear Fellow Member of the Space Community,

My name is Bungo Shiotani and I am a Ph.D. student working with Dr. Norman Fitz-Coy at the University of Florida. I am requesting your assistance with this survey to assess the potential impact that containerized satellite have on the debris population in low Earth orbit. The results will be used as part of my Ph.D. dissertation to create a statistical database and to quantify the growth of debris population. We hope the outcome will increase the awareness to the community regarding the potential growth of debris population due to containerized satellites.

Your identify will not be collected unless you choose to disclose it in the survey. Additionally, if you would like the results sent directly to you, please disclose your contact information when requested in the survey.

Please respond to this survey by Friday, February 27th 2015. The survey should take less than 30 minutes to complete.

Survey link: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8CYyyDTFUGKHFbL

Please forward this information to other members of the space community.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact us:

Bungo Shiotani
Dr. Norman Fitz-Coy
Graduate Researcher
Research Advisor
bshiota at ufl.edu
nfc at ufl.edu

We would like to thank you in advance for your participation in completing this survey.

Thank you and best regards,

Bungo Shiotani
Graduate Researcher
Space Systems Group