[amsat-bb] First ever reception attempt.

tom.wz9u at gmail.com tom.wz9u at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 02:27:17 UTC 2015

>Yaesu FT857d to a Diamond 2/70 base vertical…Will post my results if anyone is interested.

I’d be very interested to hear the result of your attempt(s).  I’ve tried a couple of times with poorer gear (HT and a twinlead slim-jim!) and I was able to read a few QSOs as a satellite passed overhead here.

I wouldn’t want to do that very often: no squelch, full volume, barely audible signals, but I could hear it … and that was all I wanted to know.

Please report back with how your configuration worked.

Tom WZ9U EN52xb