[amsat-bb] satpc32 port problem

Daniel Cussen dan at post.com
Fri Jan 16 11:51:49 UTC 2015

On 12/01/2015, Scott Smith <ve6itv at telus.net> wrote:
> Tnx for the reply folks. I using the Kenpro G5400a rotor system and noticed
> my  "elevation" rotor has stopped working. Wonder if this has anything to do
> with it?.

If it does not work with the "UP" "DOWN" switches on the control box
then it is not a com port problem. Even with no feedback the up/down
switches should move the elevation. Check for cabling problems and
measure the AC voltage coming out of the back of the controller,
assuming the rotator is difficult to access. There are user manuals
online that show which pinouts.

with a meter on ac voltage you should measure about 20 volts from E4
and E6 when moving down and 20 volts between E5 and E6 when moving up.

For comparison check the azimuth A4 to A6 and A5 to A6

http://www.yaesu.co.uk/files/G-5500%20Operating%20Manual_a.pdf
see page 11