[amsat-bb] Tracking Demo (active satellites!)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jan 15 15:34:09 UTC 2015

Local Boy Scout AMSAT demo this weekend… BUT I don’t have a list of the
ACTIVE hamsats.

…

Ah, JUST FOUND IT!!!  Mike, DK3WN’s list:

http://www.dk3wn.info/p/?s=active+satellites&x=0&y=0

And don’t forget these other great tools for live demos:

http://oscar.dcarr.org/index.php - D Carr’s page of active reports

http://Heavens-above.com  gives a great real-time track list of EVERY ham
satellite in view and when, but for the morning of this jamboree, there are
160 passes!!!!  Impossible to separate the dead ones from the live ones.
Hence a need for the list of ones we can actually hear.

http://ariss.net  - the live APRS downlink from the ISS

http://pcsat.aprs.org – the live APRS downlink from PCsat

http://aprs.fi – Terrestrial ham radio APRS. Nice to show in contrast to
those heard by ISS…

http://amsat.org – finishing off with this page to tell them were to learn
more…

With 60 new cubesats launched last fall, it is impossible to know what is
best to go after…  Hence the need for the list…

Thanks

Bob, Wb4APR