[amsat-bb] DM33/DM43 activity on Saturday (10 January) afternoon

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Wed Jan 7 00:01:10 UTC 2015

Hi!

After the Thunderbird Hamfest wraps up on Saturday
morning, I'm planning to work at least 3 passes from
a city park in north Phoenix on the DM33xp/DM43ap
boundary (112 degrees West longitude).  I am planning
to work passes between 2130 and 2330 UTC, which would
include two SO-50 passes and one FO-29 pass covering
most of the continental USA.  Neither of these grids
are rare, but DM33 isn't on the satellites as much as
DM43.  I'll work from the same spot I used for many
years, logging almost 6000 QSOs between late 2007 and
2011.

As I usually do, all QSOs made from this location will
be uploaded to ARRL's Logbook of the World.  QSL cards
will be available, which will show the display from my
GPS receiver and indicate both grids as part of the QTH
listed on the card.  If you would like a card for a QSO
from this location, please e-mail me with QSO details.
No need to first send me a card or SASE.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/