[amsat-bb] AMSAT @ Thunderbird Hamfest (Phoenix AZ) on Saturday, 10 January 2015

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Tue Jan 6 23:52:56 UTC 2015

Hi!

I will have an AMSAT table at the Thunderbird Amateur
Radio Club's hamfest on Saturday, 10 January 2015, in
Phoenix AZ.  The hamfest will be at the Northwest
Community Church, on 43rd Avenue between Greenway and
Bell Roads in north Phoenix.  Not too far from either
the I-17 or AZ-101 freeways.  More information about
the hamfest is available at:

http://www.w7tbc.org/content.php?348-hamfest

During the hamfest, WD9EWK will be on various passes
for on-air demonstrations of satellite operating.  I
also plan on trying ISS and/or NO-44 passes using my
TH-D72A HT, along with FO-29 and (hopefully!!!) AO-73
around 1300-1900 UTC.  If you hear me on a pass, please
call and be a part of the demonstration.  If you see
me on the ISS digipeater or NO-44 in packet, please
note that I will only be able to see APRS messages
from similar radios or software like UISS. I will
try to use those messages to complete QSOs with anyone
on those passes.  All QSOs made at the hamfest will be
confirmed via ARRL's Logbook of the World. QSL cards
will also be available - please e-mail me with QSO
details, and I will send a card if you're in my log.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/

Other upcoming events with AMSAT presence:
http://www.amsat.org/?page_id=218