[amsat-bb] FUNcube/AO73 mode switch

Mike Sprenger mikesprenger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 00:33:50 UTC 2015

Jim,

Just want to say thank you to you Jim and the team managing AO-73, I also
appreciate these status communications you have been providing.

I've enjoyed the exended operating schedule the last couple of weeks.   Not
that I made tons of QSO's, but I've enjoyed getting on more than I
otherwise would have...

As for me, I was glad for the extended schedule for the first Anniversary
of AO-73 a few weeks back. (This was especially nice having had opportunity
to operate as W7O on AO-73 for the east coast passes on the
first anniversary)

Also, I'm teaching Radio Merit Badge for our Boy Scout Troop and with my
portable Satellite station, It would be favorable be able to use AO-73 on
probably three Saturdays between now and March. Additionally, I've just
assembled a rotor for our Tampa Amateur Radio Club Satellite Station which
we're planning to show off at our upcoming Hamfest in a couple of
Weeks....late morning passes are prime for these activities.

 We're grateful for the satellite resource you have provided !  It's been
nice tuning up and down the pass band and hearing several QSOs
simultaneously on occasion.

73
Mike
W4UOO