[amsat-bb] Official QSOs Protocol via ISS (was: Expectations

Clayton Coleman kayakfishtx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 16:01:01 UTC 2015

I loosely go by the same standard as a voice contact on the satellites
as you described it, Sean.

If someone sends a packet with CQ I respond.  I send a "Hello"
greeting with some information, typically my grid square, directed at
their callsign.

If they respond to my callsign acknowledging and providing additional
information, I usually consider it a contact.  I gave him something.
He gave me something.

I received 18 different callsigns via the ISS yesterday on a single
pass.  I tried to respond to several of them, but never saw a
response.  Only N5LUL (long time ISS digipeater user) was live at the
keyboard and receiving/decoding.

73
Clayton
W5PFG