[amsat-bb] Notice for Operation Conclusion of DESPATCH

Mani [VU2WMY/KJ6LRS] wmy at isac.gov.in
Sat Jan 3 10:32:08 UTC 2015

  Hearty Congratulations to the entire ARTSAT Project team and to those
amateur radio stations for the support!!

Indeed, it is a very major step in the world of amateur radio space
communication capabilities and truly a great achievement.

Compliments to those two amateur radio stations in receiving the telemetry
signals from 4.7 million Kms thereby making a record of longest
communication distance in the world between two amateur radio stations.

May 2015 and the years to come make amateur radio in Space more fun,
challenging and meaningful.

73 de Namasthe from India.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WP-FzXHe8axAzNy44SGbKpJqIRKWHAcIP9vXnaHMb6g/edit#gid=0

> Finally, we had two reception reports at 4.7 million kilo-meters from
> the Earth  (more than 12 times of the distance to the Moon). They were
> far beyond what we expected. They are the the longest communication
> distance in the world between two amateur radio stations.
>
> Orbital elements of DESPATCH is as follows (J2000 heliocentric ecliptic
> coordinates).
>
> - Semi-major axis a : 1.003881127 [AU]
> - Eccentricity e : 0.08741828512
> - Inclination  i : 6.796995362 [deg]
> - Argument of perihelion w : 96.90057903 [deg]
> - Longitude of the ascending node W : 250.5520871 [deg]
> - Mean anomaly at epoch  M : 101.6280436 [deg]
> - Epoch  : 2457023.50000 [JD]
> (Time of perihelion :  2456919.7870655278675 [JD])
>
> cf. Orbital elements of EARTH :
> http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/earthfact.html
>
> Celestial sphere position and orbital trajectory of DESPATCH can be
> checked anytime on the following web pages.
>
> - Celestial Sphere
> http://artsat.jp/project/despatch/celestial
>
> - Orbital Position
> http://artsat.jp/project/despatch/orbit
>
> Transmission of the radio wave from DESPATCH has ended. However, the
> life of DESPATCH as a sculpture around the sun is almost eternal.
> We calculated the orbit (the distance from the Earth) of DESPATCH for
> 500 years from now.
>
> http://artsat.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/500years.png
>
> http://artsat.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/500years_large.png
>
> DESPATCH will continue to orbit around the sun as an artificial
> asteroid. By examining the calculated results for the local minimum
> value of the distance between the Earth, DESPATCH will approaches to
> less than 1 million km from Earth after about 350 years. Possibly it
> will approach more closer to the Earth due to the interaction with
> unpredictable other celestial bodies.
>
> We are glad if you think of DESPATCH as the most distant artwork in the
> world sometimes in the future.
>
> ARTSAT project will continue to the future. We already started the
> conceptual design of next ARTSAT3. We kindly ask for your continuous
> support and cooperation for the project.
>
> January 3, 2014
> ARTSAT Project

Mani [VU2WMY/KJ6LRS]
Secretary & Station-In-Charge
Upagrah Amateur Radio Club VU2URC
ISRO Satellite Centre
HAL Airport Road, Bangalore-560 017.
Phone:(Office)91-80-25082598/25082054/25082192
Mobile:  91-9880 341 456
E-mail ID: wmy at isac.gov.in
            vu2wmy_mani at yahoo.com
            isrohams at yahoo.com