[amsat-bb] FO29 with an Arrow

R.T.Liddy k8bl at ameritech.net
Sat Jan 3 04:26:01 UTC 2015

John,

I've done Grid-Expeditions from 60+ Grids across the US
and Canada using an IC-820H with an Arrow on SO-50
and FO-29 and several others. Sometimes the Arrow was
handheld and lately on a camera tripod. There was never a
problem hearing the birds all the way down to LOS. The
coax is so short that the loss is minimal and no preanmp
has been needed. You shouldn't have a problem.

Check out my QRZ.com page for a pic of my typical setup
prior to using the camera tripod.

73/GL/HNY,     Bob K8BL