[amsat-bb] NO-84

Paul Stoetzer n8hm at arrl.net
Fri Aug 7 02:45:06 UTC 2015

Except it's uplink is the terrestrial frequency. We can't tell
terrestrial users to not transmit in order to protect the satellite.

This problem (and the problem reported earlier this week) is the
reason satellite designers should always be using the international
OSCAR subbands for satellite uplinks and downlinks. On 10 meters,
that's 29.300-29.510 MHz. No satellite should have an uplink at 28.120
MHz.

Also, why can't the transponder's transmitter be commanded off to
prevent it from depleting the battery?

73,

Paul, N8HM