[amsat-bb] You Can Run But You Can't Hide Award - K9CIS

dlittel tds.net dlittel at tds.net
Wed Sep 3 00:10:17 UTC 2014

Ironically, I too operated the pass Tom referenced.  This was my first
attempt at making a satellite contact after a too long time away.  While
searching for my downlink signal, I heard Tom's, but not my own signal.
Despite that, Frank (K9CIS) kindly called me back and we completed a
pleasant QSO.  Frank warmly welcomed me back to the sats.  I've worked
Frank many times and, during those QSO's, he always made me feel like I'm
the most important person in the world.  Before he retired, Frank was a
scholar, but I also know him as a gentleman.

Dan
AJ9K