[amsat-bb] ICE/ISEE-3 to return to an Earth no longer capable of speaking to it

ka2pbt ka2pbt at arrl.net
Fri Feb 7 10:18:34 PST 2014

>From Emily Lakdawalla of The Planetary Society:

"So ISEE-3 will pass by us, ready to talk with us, but in the 30 years
since it departed Earth we've lost the ability to speak its language. I
wonder if ham radio operators will be able to pick up its carrier signal --
it's meaningless, I guess, but it feels like an honorable thing to do, a
kind of salute to the venerable ship as it passes by."

http://www.planetary.org/blogs/emily-lakdawalla/2014/02070836-isee-3.html