[amsat-bb] Re: Public Relations Lacking

Rich/wa4bue richard.siff at verizon.net
Wed Nov 20 13:00:45 PST 2013

Hi all,

I don't think that the school systems across the country have a clue of the
great resources in ARRL,  AMSAT,  local clubs, and citizens offer including
the local system where K4AMG mentors.  They just don't get!
That is why we are now assembly a presentation for our school board.
* Send to each board member resource info
* Hopefully speak with them 1 - 1
* Make presentation to the entire board
* Make some suggestions
* K4AMG will help fund the extra things that might be needed, no extra
expense to the city.

So PR info is critical to all of us!

Earlier this year, when we borrowed the CUBESAT simulator, we did discuss
trying to build a CUBESAT.  I think that if there was a parts list or a kit
we could do that a lot easier.  We could use our  coordinated repeater
frequencies all ready assigned (1/2 duplex).  It may never be launched but
we could arrange to have it flown every now and then.

I hope that this will development more discussion leading to a plan, action,
and desired results

God Bless

Rich
W4BUE