[amsat-bb] Re: self-amalgamating tape

Ted k7trkradio at charter.net
Tue Dec 10 17:02:14 PST 2013

Also called 'raincoat tape'    http://www.hamcq.com/raincoat-tape/

Best stuff since your old healthcare plan !

73, Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org] On
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:54 PM
To: amsat-bb at amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] self-amagamating tape

MM0EQ said:

"Get proper rubber self-amalgamating tape, and do the job once and do it

I had to look up the definition of amalgamating before commenting on this.
That's Plymouth Bishop tape. You'll find it in the flea market at many
hamfests at a good price. 

It is stretches to about  twice its length and wraps a connector under
tension. It then amalgamates.

You must use a knife or razor blade to remove and no mess.

It you see it, get some. It's great.
Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

More information about the AMSAT-BB mailing list