[amsat-bb] Re: General Telemetry Question

Alan wa4sca at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 06:44:41 PST 2013

David,

It is much more efficient in terms of the information transmitted, hence power and bandwidth, to use
the raw binary/hex for transmission.  It also saves the programming and memory in the satellite CPU.
The combination frees up resources which can be otherwise used.  It works well given the almost
universal availability of personal computers.  I recall, vaguely, there have been a few birds with
some "quick look, real people" data, but I may be in error.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA