[amsat-bb] satpc32 etc

Bob- W7LRD w7lrd at comcast.net
Sat Apr 27 22:33:44 PDT 2013

Thanks to many and Dave KB1PVH I can now input keps in my computer all by myself. I read this in the weekly AMSAT bulletins

The Castor 30 second stage motor, built by ATK, ignited for a burn lasting
two-and-a-half minutes, accelerating the rocket to more than 17,000 mph.
Engineers declared the rocket reached orbit, and the upper stage deployed a
8,377-pound block of aluminum designed to mimic the mass characteristics of the
Cygnus spacecraft, which will take the dummy
payload's place on the next Antares
launch.

Why does this want me to pull out what little hair I have left?? 8,377Lbs! I'm sure I am missing something, what did AO-40 weigh?
73 Bob W7LRD