[amsat-bb] Re: EU members - UHF contest tonight?

Gus 8P6SM 8p6sm at anjo.com
Tue Oct 9 18:53:08 PDT 2012

On 10/09/2012 04:13 PM, Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:
> Just now on AO-7 I heard a terrestrial station (DL on LSB) working a contest
> of some sort. He was pretty weak here, but thought I copied G4VF? His
> frequency would have been 432.160 or so. Always interesting hearing the
> unintentional sat ops...reminds me of RS-12/13.
> 73, Drew KO4MA

I can recall (many years ago) during a perigee pass of AO-13 over SA, I
could clearly hear SA stations working terrestrial UHF FM, mobile, with
the satellite on the omni antennas.  Perhaps I should have sent out QSL
cards with SWL reports, just to encourage those operators to consider
the possibility of raising their eyes above the horizon.....

73, de Gus 8P6SM
The Easternmost Isle