[amsat-bb] AO-27 possible failure

John Papay john at papays.com
Fri Oct 5 13:38:24 PDT 2012

AO-27 sent data after the repeater mode expired on
the 1835utc pass, 5 October.  50 seconds into the data,
the "mark/space" toggling stopped and a "mark" only tone
was heard.  That tone was heard for 4-1/2 minutes until
the signal was lost when the bird went over the horizon.
A recording of the entire pass is on my website:

AO-27 was not heard in EN91 on the scheduled 2015utc pass.
I think my receiver is working fine but maybe it wasn't.
Let's hope it can be recovered. An email was sent to N3UC
and a message was left on his home phone.

Any reports from other locations?
John K8YSE