[amsat-bb] Re: Experimental COMMERCIAL spacecraft on 2meters

Graham Shirville g.shirville at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 4 03:20:18 PDT 2012

Hi Drew,

As Art has stated, the authority having jurisdiction, is the National one -
in this case the FCC. As your link shows, they have decided to licence this
spacecraft on 145.825MHz but to operate in the  "Experimental" service not ,
our, "Amateur Satellite Service". Of course we have a "primary" ITU
allocation on this frequency but this is not an "exclusive" one.

best 73