[amsat-bb] Re: NIWAKA detected in VT on 5.84 GHz!

Mike Seguin N1JEZ n1jez at burlingtontelecom.net
Sat Nov 10 05:46:26 PST 2012

Hi Mark,

Very simple system. I was not trying to capture the pictures, but merely
detect the signal. So I used my terrestrial 5.760 DEMI transverter. Measured
it on the bench at 5.84 GHz, it was down about 15 dB from 5.76 G.... The
transverter uses a 144 MHz IF, so simply used my Funcube set to 224 MHz.

The dish is 2' with a Directive Systems 5.76 G feed horizontally polarized.
I calibrated Azimuth using Sun Alignment yesterday and left the tripod set
up over night. The little green object on top is a digital inclinometer.
Netbook is running HDSDR for the FunCube.

http://users.burlingtontelecom.net/~n1jez@burlingtontelecom.net/images/Dish
setup.jpg

Real crude, but worked. I'd like to dig up a 5.84 G preamp.....

Mike