[amsat-bb] NIWAKA detected in VT on 5.84 GHz!

Mike Seguin N1JEZ n1jez at burlingtontelecom.net
Sat Nov 10 05:03:55 PST 2012

Hi Takushi,

Success! I was able to detect NIWAKA. It was lower in frequency that I
expected, but with the Funcube, easy to spot.

The Doppler was huge! and I was moving the dish almost continuous to try and
keep up. I'll edit the I&Q RF file and post it so folks can play it back for
themselves.

Two quick screen shots. In the first shot, you can see the signal on the
left side Doppler shifting down. In the second shot, a close up of one data
burst with Doppler - about 3 secs or so...

http://users.burlingtontelecom.net/~n1jez@burlingtontelecom.net/images/NIWAKA_1.jpg
http://users.burlingtontelecom.net/~n1jez@burlingtontelecom.net/images/NIWAKA_2.jpg

The 5.84 GHz transmitter seemed to come on very close to the set time. First
detection at 12:24:21 UTC.

More later.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ