[amsat-bb] Space at VT continued (VT-ARA, etc.)

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:47:19 PDT 2012

Several have asked.

The university club station, K4KDJ,  will remain in Squires.  The ITAR
stinking smoldering festering pile of &*()  will prevent the
Space at VTbuilding from being open to anyone but U.S. persons so VT-ARA
cannot be
relocated there even if we wanted to (we don't).

Additional info: Bill Davis, W9KIC (antenna and EM professor at VT)
"retires" from being faculty advisor to the VT ARA and I will be the
new adviser next Fall and the plan is the "renewal" trustee when that comes

I love Blacksburg.   Had you told me prior to 9/11  that I would be living
here  I would have laughed so hard you would have been insulted.   There is
NOTHING outside of the 45 min train ride to NYC I miss about living in New

P.S. Wikipedia brag sheet probably put together by the Chamber of Commerce!

and VT:  yet another land grant former Methodist school (like Auburn) which
I have been associated with.

Bob McGwier
Facebook: N4HYBob