[amsat-bb] Jamboree on the Air/ARISS contact at National Scouting Museum planning meeting

Tom Schuessler tjschuessler at verizon.net
Mon Jul 30 20:46:09 PDT 2012

Attention satellite ops/enthusiasts in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas area.

The National Scouting Museum in Irving Texas is on the docket for an Amateur
Radio on the International Space Station contact in connection with the 55th
Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) Ham Radio/Scouting event.  The contact is
scheduled for October 20th but the time is still TBA.  Keith Pugh, W5IU is
the ARISS mentor and facilitator between the Museum and ARISS/NASA.

The lead group running the JOTA activities is the Irving Amateur Radio Club
of which I am a member.  Ham participation is however open to all interested
parties.  Doug Quagliana headed up an AMSAT display and ran satellite
contacts for last year's JOTA at the Museum.

I am holding a planning meeting for all interested Amateurs and Scouters to
get a handle on what types of activities we can create and staff for this
event.  The hope is that several hundred or more Scouts and adults will be
coming through the Museum for the ARISS contact and participating in various
radio and electronics activities.

Meeting will be at 11AM this coming Saturday in Irving.  Contact me directly
if you are interested and I will give specific directions to the meeting
location.  Even if you cannot attend this meeting but are interested in
participating in JOTA activities, I need to know so I can put you on a mail
list and ultimately schedule you for setup (Oct 19) and JOTA operations.
Please email n5hyp at amsat.org and I will be grateful.

Tom Schuessler
2713 Lake Gardens Drive
Irving, Texas  75060