[amsat-bb] Re: MiR - Yubileiny 2 - RS-40

Trevor . m5aka at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 10:48:46 PDT 2012

--- On Sun, 29/7/12, PE0SAT | Amateur Radio <pe0sat at vgnet.nl> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice if we could decode all those signals
> that are transmitted by the Russian Satellites.

Yes it's most unfortunate the downlink protocol is kept secret and they don't go through IARU frequency coordination.

> Not to mention a Linear Transponder, the signals are very
> strong and always a nice long pass.

I know, every time a new RS satellite goes up I live in hope that it'll have a 145 to 29 MHz linear transponder.

I believe the command uplink frequency is in 145 MHz band but I've not seen any exact frequencies published.

73 Trevor M5AKA