[amsat-bb] Olympic Flagship Amateur Satellite Operation

GW1FKY at aol.com GW1FKY at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 22:23:16 PDT 2012

Hi all,
With reference to my posting to the Amsat news bulletin quoting a
restriction zone  imposed  effecting the  the amateur VHF/UHF  bands for the London
Olympics.
I appears that I need to clarify my statement regarding operation via the
amateur satellites.
The following was posted to me: "There is no problem with 2O12L using 435
MHz, it's 432 MHz that they cannot use".
Thus meaning that AO -7 cannot be used for mode "B" operation within  the
imposed zone of course.
Operation on  other amateur satellites should therefore be  possible.
Apologies.
Ken Eaton
GW1FKY
Amsat -UK