[amsat-bb] Re: SatPC32 Question

Erich Eichmann erich.eichmann at t-online.de
Sun Jul 22 10:21:11 PDT 2012

Hello Kelley,
to steer both radios you only need a single COM port and  a single CAT
interface or "CAT cable" with - for example - an y-adapter.
In menu "Radio Setup" , "Radio 1"  section, choose Icom for brand and the
IC-706MKIIG for model. Set the CAT baudrate to 19200, do the same at the
radios.
In the menu set the first of the 2 Icom addresses for the IC-706MKIIG ($58
by default) and the 2nd one for the IC-746 ($56 by default). Click
"Addresses OK". Choose a proper COM port and set the CAT delay to 50 (try
the lowest working value lateron). Leave all other options in menu "Radio
Setup" unchecked. Set the Radio 2 section to "None".
Save the settings and restart the program. Click the "C" control to "C+".
With v/u sats (FO-29, SO-50)  the program should now steer the IC-706 as RX
and the IC-746 as TX. With SSB sats you can tune th IC-706 around the
passband and the IC-746 will follow.

To steer the radios with u/v sats (VO-52, AO-07) set the second address pair
in menu "Radio Setup" to the vice versa addresses (first value for the
IC-746, second value for the IC-706). Save the changes and restart the
program.
The program will start with the settings for v/u sats. To run with u/v sats
open menu "Mode" and select the 2nd address line. The IC-746 will now run as
the RX on VHF and the IC-706 as TX on UHF. You can tune the IC-746 in the
passband with its VFO and the IC-706 will follow.

73s, Erich, DK1TB