[amsat-bb] Re: New York chapter

Peter Portanova wb2oqq at verizon.net
Sun Jul 22 08:27:53 PDT 2012

Vikas,

Welcome to AMSAT, I'm the NY State Area Coordinator for AMSAT,  as a
volunteer  I serve as AMSAT's regional ambassador.  We  serve in a variety
of roles, from making presentations at local meetings to manning booths and
conducting demonstrations at pubic schools, hamfests and conventions.
Additionally,  we act as as local "Elmer's", providing technical and
operational help to hams in the area.

We do have AMSAT groups, in the form of mailing lists and local nets that
provide information about local activities, you can visit,
www.amsat.org/amsat-new/tools/maillist/maillist.php, to see the groups that
exist.  In NY  I have made presentations at Amateur Radio Clubs,  to discuss
and learn about amateur satellites.  There is an excellent net that you can
participate in, the Hudson Valley Satellite Net.

Hudson Valley Satellite Net

The next net #147 will be Thursday August 2nd 2012 at 8PM EST
On the KC2DAA Repeater 146.970 -600KHz 100 Hz PL
Echolink: N2EYH-L Node Number 429079
(Echolink is only active for the duration of the net)

The following is a list of local and regional groups that are affiliated
with AMSAT
Project OSCAR (San Francisco Bay Area)
The Colorado AMSAT Net
AMSAT-DC (Washington DC Area)
The Houston AMSAT Net (Texas)
The Southeast Michigan AMSAT Net

Vikas, you can visit, www.amsat,org, and review all the activities that
AMSAT offers.    if you would like me to make a presentation to your group
about getting started with the Amateur Satellites or how to become a
licensed Amateur Radio Operator to use the Satellites, I would be pleased to
arrange a date, thank you.

Best Regards,

Peter
WB2OQQ