[amsat-bb] Trakbox Host Mode

Joe Leikhim rhyolite at nettally.com
Sat Jul 21 19:37:50 PDT 2012

I have a Trakbox that I am pressing into service. I recently installed
Don, AI6RE's turbo kit (speedup processor, 22 MHz crystal, 350D ROM etc)
and it is working fantastic.

I am also using LOGSAT (with Y2K and last updates).

One thing I had not tried prior to upgrade was the TRAKBOX host mode
operation with Logsat. In fact I had not given this interface much
thought, planning to use standalone mode. Host mode works from the
hyperterminal, but Logsat does not seem to be making itself understood
to Trakbox.  I am using Portmon and can see Logsat delivering AZ_EL
commands in the proper format, and can sometimes see the AOS lamp
blinking slightly, however TRAKBOX ignores the commands.

It seems I have to use Hyperterminal to command the TRAKBOX into host
mode, disconnect terminal then start LOGSAT. LOGSAT does not start host
mode on its own, though I see a lot of "messages".

Can someone enlighten me on how this is all supposed to work? I have
read the TRAKBOX documentation, but no "aha moment".

Thanks, even comments from others using TB host mode with other software
is welcomed.

--
Joe Leikhim

Leikhim and Associates