[amsat-bb] SatPC32 12.8b and Win7

Matt Severin mtseverin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 17:02:32 PDT 2012

While working with the 8 teachers at Teachers' Institute II, I had a
variety of computer operating systems.  We had some odd behavior with the
Win7 machines, but I am not sure if this was a fluke or a pattern.

We were using SatPC32 v12.8b with the SAEBRTrackBox setting in the
software, and the students with issues were running Win7.  The G5500's did
not always respond as expected.  For example, if we commanded it to move to
45 degrees elevation, it would, but if we manually entered 179 degrees it
would drop down to about 25 degrees.  The fix seemed to be to set the
turning point of azim rotor under the 'Rotor Setup" to S instead of N.  I
am running v12.8a and have not trouble with the exact same set up and I am
set to 'N".

Has anyone else experienced this?  In my trouble shooting, I believe I was
able to trace it back to the computers/software.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Matt, N8MS